The Food and Beverage Health check will compare your business to industry best practices and grade your response. This will give you an idea of the potential areas in your business that are lagging behind the standard and could use some additional attention.
Upon completion, you will be provided qualitative results and an overall score that will allow our advisors to recommend potential solutions to your challenges through a free Innovation Workshop.
1. Does your business have targets (production volume, profits, margins, etc.) for performance?
2. Do you find you run out of space for your finished goods or your WIP components?
3. Is there an understanding of each department’s maximum workload capacity?
4. Does your business keep track of key operational metrics (throughput, cycle time, capacity utilization, etc.)?
5. Does each department pre-plan and stage their work?
6. How often do you miss scheduled shipping deadlines for your finished goods?
7. Do you find that certain process steps or positions are idle while waiting for work from another department/position/resource?
8. Do you often have product being returned after delivery?
9. Does your business have intra-day reporting for the progress of each department?
10. Do you have an inventory management system? (ERP, in-house software, spreadsheets, etc.)?
11. Does your business use systems to schedule production?
12. Do you have a preventative maintenance program for your equipment?
13. What is the closest representation of your office staff to production staff ratio?
14. Do your employees have an understanding of generally accepted performance for their position? Do they need frequent check-ins to ensure they are completing work?
15. Do you find that your employees are undertaking excess overtime?
16. Does the management team have oversight into the production supervisors day-to-day activities/performance?
17. Do you have a continuous improvement mandate in place?
18. Is senior management critical to day-to-day operations for your company??
19. Do you see your company benefiting from employee training? What kind of impact would it have on your bottom line?
20. What is your biggest inhibitor to growth and profitability?
The Food and Beverage Health Check assessment was developed by examining the most common issues we discuss with clients in the industry. With this tool, you can start building a roadmap to success.